On this episode of the Backlog Battle Podcast, Alex and Anthony clarify Nintendo’s issue with Axiom Verge, discuss what’s up with Nintendo’s Virtual Console, the podcast’s various name changes, their impressions of ABZU, Alex’s Prey Demo impressions, Anthony’s Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin re-review, Alex’s first impressions of Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel, Anthony’s experience with Mario Kart 8 for Wii U, how Alex spent an hour (or two) trying to make a Dragon Age Inquisition character and his time with that game, and the news of Bioware Montreal being downsized and Mass Effect being put on ice.
Use the link http://bit.ly/amazonbacklogbattle whenever you’re buying anything on Amazon. Prime members even get 20% off on new games within 2 weeks of release!
Questions? Comments? Suggestions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Download this episode!
Psst. I don’t know if you heard, but there’s an exploit in Destiny. And even though it got patched by the time this episode was released, people found yet another place to exploit. But before you try it out, listen to this brand new episode of the Social Link Podcast!
- By the time you hear this, Anthony and I would’ve done our first double stream of Final Fantasy XIV.
- Anthony played the latest Mario Kart for Wii U.
- We talk about the new Smash Bros. for a little bit.
- I played Destiny and finished it. We talk about it more.
- We talk about The Loot Cave and my Destiny article.
- Anthony is checking out his ps4’s features and why he’s now a Sony fan boy.
- I need your help with Backlog Battle!
- We’re talking about what’s coming up – Alien: Isolation and The Evil Within.
- We talk about Tetsuya Nomura being “removed” from Final Fantasy XV.
- We talk about long development cycles and its affect on developer sanity.
Download this episode!
It’s a week before E3, but that doesn’t mean we’re going to let up on the things that we’re going to be talking about this week! It’s going to be yet another epic 2 hour episode leading up to E3, so let me outline what you’re going to be hearing on today’s show!
- We talk about Mario Kart 8 and how its not going to save Wii U (its not a Wii U bashathon, according to Anthony)
- Anthony beat Fire Emblem Awakening
- Anthony proclaims Blizzard overrated (oooooooh)
- We talk about Gears of War, from talking about The Order 1886. And promptly compare Gears of War to Expendables. Huh.
- And we wound up talking about Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom, one of my favorite RPGs of all time.
- I talk about my time with Ghost Dogs. I mean Watch Dogs.
- Anthony talks about New Super Mario Bros. 2.
- I talk about my adoration of Monument Valley and compare it to Echochrome
- Anthony talks about NES Remix.
- I talk about Wolfenstein The New Order. Anthony is intrigued.
- Anthony talks about Donkey Kong (again).
- We talk about trading broken systems… for new ones.
- We listen to Anthony’s review of Mario Kart 8. What do you think it got?
- We outline our E3 predictions this week…
- We talk about Mortal Kombat 10 (or is it Mortal Kombat “X”?)
- We think Square Enix will have surprises next week during E3
- We talk about GOG and how they’re aiming for Steam with their new client
- I predict Metal Gear Solid V’s release date
- Anthony thinks we’re going to see more of Uncharted 4
- I introduce Anthony to The Division, after saying there hasn’t been any Tom Clancy games.
Questions? Comments? Suggestions? Email us at email@example.com!
Download This Episode!